Sunday, March 18, 2012

Kenzie

I'm grateful for Kenzie. This is one 12 year old girl who really cares for my little family, and we feel it everyday. She recently completed all her goals in the Good Works section of the Personal Progress program, and countless hours of those good works were directed towards our family. She spent 9 hours with me the day I had the worst case of the flu I've ever had.  She made us dinner on another occasion. She truly has a heart of GOLD.

A few days ago, when I was really struggling emotionally with the stress of the move and the pregnancy and everything, I put the baby down for nap and then went to take a nap myself to escape it all. 30 minutes later, my daughter woke me up to let me know Kenzie was at the front door with a plate of cookies.  Still half asleep, I walked into the front room and started crying right away at such a precious sight...this act of love from our sweet young friend.  I gave Kenz a big hug and thanked her sincerely.  After she left, I went back to my room and bawled for a half hour, praying to Heavenly Father, expressing gratitude for ALL the little acts of service I have felt from my neighbors, like Kenzie, the last 7 years being here. I haven't always felt like I belong or that I had a true friend nearby, especially after saying goodbye to 3 of my best friends when they moved from the neighborhood, Kim, Darcy, and Kathy.  But it's been a wonderful place to call home for this time of our lives, and I'll miss it when we move in the next few months.      

What are YOU grateful for?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

The lord always finds a way to bless us--so glad Kenzie is in tune and was God's helping hands.
Good luck with the move! Take care of yourself! Change is always hard...but good thing we can do hard things, right? ;)