Tuesday, December 27, 2011

17 Miracles and My Own Little Miracle

 I'm grateful for 17 Miracles and my own little miracle yesterday. I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst case of the flu I've ever had. I experienced intense stomach cramping, fever, chills, constant vomiting all day, the whole nine yards. I was a sick puppy! :( I put on 17 Miracles that was a Christmas gift from Wade's mom and step dad. As I struggled to endure my own sickness, I was humbled watching these faithful pioneers trying to cross the plains, many of them just as sick as I was or worse.  65 died one by one, including a handful of babies and children. It was heartbreaking to watch, but miraculously helped give me a little more STRENGTH, when I needed it so badly.  I'm so grateful for the sacrifices, faith, and miracles of those Mormon Pioneers to help bring the TRUTH to my generation today. "Happy Day, All is well"

I also want to mention another little miracle or two. After several hours of constant vomiting and dehydration, when I didn't think I could make it any longer, I received a priesthood blessing from Wade and our good friend, Ken Rasmussen.  Immediately, I felt some physical relief and peace of mind that this sickness was only temporary.  When Wade needed to leave for the day, I pleaded with Heavenly Father to know who I could call for help to care for the children so I could rest. I have several wonderful young women in my neighborhood and after some time, I finally found a sweet girl, Kenzie, who came over right away and spent the rest of the day with us. She even tidied up the house, washed the dishes, and helped me care for my two older children who also became sick. After she left, I cried with deep gratitude. I felt so blessed.

What are YOU grateful for?

1 comment:

Brandi said...

That flu is SO awful! Ian, Damon and I all came down with it at the same time a few weeks ago. One of the worst sicknesses I've had in a long time. So sorry to hear that you guys had it. Hope you're all feeling better!