Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Moving On

 I'm grateful to be moving on, but hurting at the same time. A few days after we moved to Kaysville, we had one last friends get together at Sugarhouse Park. After a picnic on the grass and playground fun, my kids suggested we play in the "river." It was cute to see them all run in the water and splash around as I chatted with some of my favorite girls. Christine had come down to see everyone, and then there was Jenet, Cori, and Jenica, 4 wonderful friends, who have taught me so much!




Afterwards, the kids and I headed back to the house to do one last cleaning. As I mopped these old wood floors for the final time in this empty house, a part of me felt empty inside, too. I couldn't believe the time had really come to move after an amazing 7 years of learning and growing in this place. Oh, how I'll miss this house and everyone who came into my life while living here. Like Martina McBride sings in one of my favorite songs, I concur, "I am so blessed."

What are YOU grateful for?

No comments: