Thursday, May 31, 2012

Saying Goodbye

 I'm grateful for the best young women on planet Earth. Because they all have touched my heart in a deep way, saying goodbye wasn't easy. Our last Young Women's activity before I moved, we played games and then they all gave me a gift along with sharing what they love most about me. I was crying the whole time! They were so darn sweet.
I'm so happy we were able to capture on camera the white board full of kind (and funny) thoughts. I will never forget my two nick names from the girls, Sista R and Armadillo, both of which came from girls camp stories. haha
After I returned home, I laid out all the gifts I was given and felt so thankful for these special young women and the leaders I served along side. The most precious gift was from Jenet Erickson, the YW president and my dear friend. She gave me fabric softener sheets to thank me for having a soft heart even when things were challenging in this calling. Through many challenges I faced, I had the opportunity to turn to my Savior, humble my heart, and repent of my weaknesses. I drew on my Savior's strength often and became a stronger woman in the Gospel. These beautiful young women are who helped me do that. And for that, I'll be forever grateful.

What are YOU grateful for?

No comments: