Monday, January 16, 2012

Mommy Store

I'm grateful for Mommy Store.  Our kids work hard all week doing their chores to earn as many dimes as they can so they can put some in their savings jar and use the rest to buy surprises every Monday at Mommy Store.  They usually only earn one big $1 item per week or a few small items, so it's been a powerful way to teach them delayed gratification, not to mention responsibility for taking care of their own things. They feel greater ownership for the things they buy from me, and end up taking better care of those things.  I'm grateful my mom played store with us growing up (using tickets instead of dimes) so my siblings and I would learn to work hard and have fun spending the "money" we earned from doing chores.

What are YOU grateful for?

5 comments:

Marie Holleman said...

Such a cute idea! LOVE it!!

Unknown said...

Love the idea!

Lynette said...

I love this idea!!! Gonna have to try it with Reed!

Kristal said...

So cool! I wonder if it would work for my girls who don't seem to care about earning anything past one day.

Jamie said...

I love this idea. I may have to implement it in our routine. :)