Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Eve Fun

I'm grateful for our New Years Eve fun that helped us ring in 2012 in style. Since our good friends, Travis and Cynthia Gough were moving Friday and Saturday, we watched their kids over night and all day Saturday so they wouldn't have to worry about them. It was such a blast for the 2 six year old girls and 2 four year old boys to play, play, play, and let's see what else did they do...oh yes, play some more.

I took care of feeding the troops...whole wheat pasta with Alfredo sauce, turkey, and salad for Friday dinner, whole wheat pancakes with peach syrup for Saturday breakfast, french bread pizza, garlic bread, and salad for lunch, and my famous cheesy lasagna with veggies and garlic bread for dinner.  I love creating yummy, healthy meals, especially meals the kids actually eat and even enjoy! It also helps when you INVITE the kiddos to wash their hands and HELP you cook! Then they automatically get more excited about the meal, I've found. Does anyone else think I need to start a recipe blog so I can share my many recipes and tips? :) I have so many up my sleeve!
When Trav and Cynthia finished their long day of moving, they joined us for dinner. Then we all played games together with our other friends, Brandon and Audrey, till after midnight. Who would have thought Scattegories Junior would be a new fav for all of us? We were all rolling on the floor with laughter playing this kids game. It was so funny! Of course, once the clock struck 12, we stopped to say CHEERS with sparkling cider and kisses to our sweethearts. The kissing pics I will NOT post here. They're on Wade's phone, and I think they're too silly and embarrassing to post. Not really, I just don't want to get up to steal them from Wade's phone camera. ;) Just use your imagination. haha

What are YOU grateful for?

No comments: