Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Good Cry

I'm grateful for a good cry.  Doesn't it feel good sometimes to get those tears out?  Tonight, we watched 17 Miracles again, and I cried like a baby watching the end of the movie.  It's so humbling, plus I was feeling extra tender hearted already because I taught my young women's lesson this afternoon about Jesus Christ and his sacrifice he made for each of us through the atonement.  I am just in deep awe and gratitude for the MANY sacrifices that others have made for me that I probably take for granted and should acknowledge more often. I am so blessed!

On a side note, for anyone who for whatever CRAZY reason thought my life seemed perfect, take a good look at the background of my sad baby. Welcome to my life. My house is constantly messy with the help of this cute, creative, and destructive toddler.  The other two kiddos add to the mess a.k.a "play zone" as well, but this one seems to have quite the creative gene at such a young age.  I adore my children and know that although the mess feels never ending, it's truly just temporary, because someday they will grow up. Man, thinking of that makes me want to cry all over again. I better stop, dang it!

What are YOU grateful for?

2 comments:

Keri said...

Oh, my - You are so very normal! I remember those days when my house was a wreck and my daughter would cry, and I felt like I could have been a better mom.

Tip: The house will always be less than perfect, and the mess is actually proof that you are living, growing, and spending quality time with your child.

What am I grateful for? A husband that will do housework, grocery shopping and cooking. And realizes that the housework can wait as long as kids are healthy, happy, and learning.

~Keri

Unknown said...

Wow, I was out of town and got way behind reading your blog! This one is perfect considering the state of my house today. Thanks for the reminder that it's not only ok, but actually normal!