Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day of Love

 I'm grateful for the Day of Love a.k.a Valentine's Day. It's a rad excuse to make pink heart-shaped whole wheat pancakes with pureed strawberries as the syrup. Unlike my cool sis and mom, I didn't have strawberry Nesquick around, so I just added food coloring to regular milk. Even when I was single, I found a reason to like the Day of Love because my mom made these same pancakes for our family growing up. I don't think it's just a romantic holiday. Anyone who likes pink pancakes or all the entertaining posts on facebook could appreciate this crazy day, right?
Also, we're ALL grateful at our house for thoughtful Grandmas who send Valentine treats in the mail!  The kids each received a Valentine from Wade's mom and my mom.  THANKS Grandmas! They were pretty giddy about it. :) 

What are YOU grateful for?

No comments: