Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Clean Art Desk

I'm grateful for a clean art desk! I am almost singing this as I type because it brings me GREAT relief to have this area of my home decluttered at last. My 6 year-old is our little artist and spends over an hour everyday at this desk, creating, creating, creating! After we tackled my son's room and turned it from this to this, my daughter and I spent a lot of time sorting through her projects to decide what to keep and what to take a picture of and then toss.
  This is the BEST way I've found to control a child's artwork clutter. Photos of ALL this artwork can be preserved with a LITTLE less space than keeping every single thing! :)
So now, she and I have been tidying her desk every night after she's done creating for the day, so it never looks it did for "A Good Cry" post again.  Remember this?  Oh. my. word.

What are YOU grateful for?

2 comments:

Brie said...

Oh that is a brilliant idea!! Axzona is our little artist and she has creations all over the place. I have just started throwing them away and some I don't have the heart to because they're pretty cool. But I love this idea, a win win for sure!

Katie Leigh said...

Messy or clean, I love that desk!