Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tender Mercies

I'm grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord in my life. Yesterday I slammed into a parked car and destroyed the side of their car. I felt awful. seriously. awful. Luckily, the children and I were safe, but I've worried about it since the moment it happened. I prayed that they would be forgiving and understanding. Because we only have liability on the van, Wade and I have been freaking out about how much we're going to have to pay of our own money. $1000? $2000? more? Since we hope to move in the spring, we need all our savings intact for the down payment. I was afraid that this and a few other big expenses that have come up may signify another year or two delay in moving. I felt so discouraged until the insurance company called me today and surprised me with the news that they would cover 100% of the damages! What?! I was shocked and immediately called Wade who had me repeat the news a few times till it really sunk in, and we were elated and so grateful!

Remember this talk by Elder David A Bednar? It still humbles me and helps me give God credit for ALL the little miracles that touch my life.

What are YOU grateful for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

grateful for YOU... what a sweetie you are. Thank you for your positive words.