Friday, April 6, 2012

Cousin Party

I'm grateful for the cousin party we had when my son turned 5.  My mom was in town all week babysitting my nieces while my brother and sister in law were away, so it was extra fun to have all the Lang cousins who live close with us AND my mom. Yay! We celebrated her birthday, too, that week, which I'll post tomorrow. It was SUCH a fun week spending time with my mom and sisters and watching the cousins play, especially at the birthday party.  My son was so excited for the Spiderman watch, Lightning McQueen race car set, dinosaur hot wheels track, Star Wars underwear, and Transformer toys (that helped decorate his chocolate cake, of course).  Thanks to everyone for the surprises!
My oldest kids even had a sleepover the night after the party with their cousins while Wade and I taught our Love & Logic parenting class.  It was supposed to just be a "late night" with cousins, but we had some parents stay later after our class with questions, and by the time I was ready to jump in the car and head to Draper to get my kids, my mom told me they were half asleep anyway.  They thought it was the best treat ever to sleepover and spend that additional time with cousins and Grandma Lang. :)

What are YOU grateful for?

No comments: