Sunday, April 1, 2012

Jungle Animals during Conference

I'm grateful for jungle animals that keep kids quietly entertained during a very uplifting General Conference today. I especially like how my son will put some of the animals right in my plant as if that's the real jungle. Last conference, the kids mostly colored, but this time they played with the jungle animals, too.  I'm just grateful they were calm and quiet so we could all listen to the wonderful speakers.

I was inspired by the words of M. Russell Ballard. He focused on the importance of families and doing the little extras that bring happiness in family life, which then influences a happier community and better world in general. He said, "When families work and play together, neighborhoods and communities flourish, economies improve, and less government and fewer costly safety nets are required." Words of wisdom, I think. :) 

What are YOU grateful for?

No comments: