Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Stoney Family Christmas Party

 I'm grateful for our annual Stoney Family Christmas Party, and I'm going to warn you in advance for the picture overload, but I couldn't leave some out. Just check out these two hotties! Can you blame me for keeping this one in? ;)
 decorating cookies
 getting ready for the infamous Stoney white elephant exchange... we've had some goodies in the past (used gift cars, odor eaters, Suzanne Sommers workout equipment, etc)
 Can you feel the anticipation? ;)
 Lucky Great Grandma Stoney gets one of our gifts which we received at the Prosperity Tribe Christmas Party white elephant exchange from Gerald and Jana Rogers. It was too cute not to share! Grandma is actually excited to have the wig and glasses in her dress up drawer for grand kids.  :)
 My 4 year old was a little disappointed from receiving an old microwave when he expected a toy! Poor boy! Everyone was busting up laughing (although we all felt bad for him, too) I guess we didn't have the "PRE-white elephant gift exchange talk" with him about these being silly gifts and not REALLY FUN gifts.
Instead of making or buying gifts every other year for one another, we all donate money and shop for one or two families in need. It's been the sweetest way to bring a step family together as ONE.  I'm grateful mom and Keith have such big hearts and have created this tradition for all of us. It's precious to hear everyone's feelings and experiences regarding this true gift. It's what Christmas is really about anyway. 

What are YOU grateful for?

2 comments:

Kristylee said...

Well I'm grateful for the picture overload because I love to see one of my favorite families! I miss all of you!

Mandy-Marie Eldredge said...

What a great idea and a great party!! I'm glad you get to do so many amazing things...