Friday, December 30, 2011

The Magic of Christmas Through a Child's Eyes

I'm grateful for the magic of Christmas through a child's eyes. It's so fun to play Santa even if it is tiring the next day trying to catch up on sleep from staying up till 2am. Now we know what OUR parents went through for us.  ;)  We try to keep things simple with 1 main gift from Santa for each of the kids, 1 main gift from Wade and me, and the rest of these are from grandparents, Nick, Summer, and their kids who had our name for Christmas. We felt very blessed!
 The kids were giddy about leaving cookies and milk for Santa, carrots for the reindeer, and in the morning discovering they've disappeared.
 The baby was sooo sleepy, but could tell THAT baby doll was hers. She was so cute cuddling her dolly from Santa. She took her and immediately sat on her new green learning chair from us ($12 at Kid to Kid). Man, I love a good deal!
 My son loved his GeoTrax from Santa ($23 at Kid to Kid...wahoo) and Monster Truck set from us.
And my daughter was excited I gave her my old America Girl Doll and Santa brought her outfits to match. It was a magical morning, and I'm so grateful my children help make it that way.

What are YOU grateful for?

No comments: