Saturday, December 10, 2011

Neighborhod Christmas Party

I'm grateful for our Neighborhood Christmas Party last Saturday. The other Young Women leaders were overwhelmed with the task, so I volunteered to be in charge of planning, delegating, and feeding 300 people, all for under $200. What a unique opportunity, and believe it or not, I did not get stressed out! It was SO MUCH FUN, in fact, that I think I need to be an Event Coordinator as a side job. haha It was sweet to have people of all faiths meet in our church building and bring breakfast casseroles, fruit, and oatmeal to share while we served fresh hot french toast, pancakes, milk, and juice. The men set up the tables and chairs and then the young women and leaders decorated the gym into a warm, welcoming, Christmas celebration. It looked gorgeous! We were able to decorate for little cost using natural items like mini tree trunks, bows, and pine cones. I was grateful everyone worked together to create such a fun experience and memory for all of us. Even Santa showed up after breakfast, caroling, and the children's craft. More pictures to come from that... ;)
What are YOU grateful for?