Sunday, October 2, 2011

General Conference

I'm grateful for General Conference. It always motivates me to be more kind, more loving, more patient, more forgiving, more faithful, more prayerful, and more excited to share the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It's sweet to watch my children try to watch and listen along with mommy and daddy (notice I said, "try"). Lots and lots of coloring pages and activities usually help. ;) My favorite talk was about finding joy in raising children by Neil L. Andersen. Wade and I have always wanted a large family and hope to still if the Lord blesses us so. But I'm glad that Elder Anderson reminds us that it's a sacred and private choice between husband and wife how many children to have and not to judge if others have less or more than what you think is ideal. I feel that's good advice in any case. The less we judge our family and friends the better because we truly don't know every circumstance or challenge they face.

What are YOU grateful for?

No comments: