Friday, June 3, 2011

Trials

I'm grateful for my trials and how they build my character and teach me remarkable life lessons. And I'm grateful for a Savior who calms the storms in my life. I wanted to post a picture of a child praying because I've been on my knees so much this week, pleading for guidance, forgiveness, and comfort. But then I remembered this painting by Greg Olsen. It's one of my favorites. It helps me remember I'm not alone because He is there and understands my pain. The depiction of two children helps me recognize that others have their own trials to bare. It's selfish for me to sit and stew too much over my own trials when I don't know what others are struggling with. Isn't it interesting that the moment you help someone else in need, you forgot about yourself, and then your trials don't seem quite as challenging? That's going to be my goal this weekend. Does anyone want me to serve them...free babysitting, house cleaning, homemade pizza, foot rub...any takers? :)

What are YOU grateful for?

3 comments:

johnny Barfuss said...

This is one of my favorite pictures as well.. I actually have a bunch of post card sized ones if you want some - they are in a suitcase. I"m grateful for good friends who make me smile! and i'm grateful for all of the gifts that i've been given. Thank YOU for being you. =}

johnny Barfuss said...

Today I am grateful for Sunshine! Actual sunshine.... I just love the way it feels on my face, on my skin - in my eyes! I am such a Summer Boy! I NEED sunshine in my life. Love it.

Unknown said...

There is a huge need right now for service by gathering some supplies and sending to Joplin :) Granted there is a shipping cost involved but I know there is a mission there ran by family, non profit that would love any outgrown children's clothing, non perishable groceries, toothpaste, hygeine items...just little things and stuffed into a flat rate box wouldn't be too cost heavy :) Small care packages will go a long, long, long way to those tornado victims right now! Love you!