Thursday, June 30, 2011

Laptop

I'm grateful for my laptop and the wonderful world wide web that (often) accompanies it. A few years ago, Wade bought me a laptop since our home computer died (RIP old Betty). I've really enjoyed being mobile around the house as I edit photos, digitally scrapbook, blog, email, facebook, shop, or just research online. It's nice to sit on the couch with my kids and watch Tangled (love that movie!) while I work on a project on my laptop. Don't get me wrong, there are so many times I get tired of the media all around me and the noise and distractions that accompany it. So I'll turn off my computer and phone and play a game of "Go Fish" or "Bust a Move" with my kiddos. Thanks for teaching us that game, Ruthanne. We've been having a BLAST busting a move all around the house. You need to come over and join us. :)

Earlier this week,Wade's laptop died (RIP old George), so he's been taking mine all day to the office for work, and I am getting more done at home. haha Seriously though, it makes me appreciate that connection with the outside world when the internet isn't so accessible anymore. When it's my choice to turn off my computer or spend some time in the mountains without it, it's a nice break. But when it's out of my control, all of a sudden I feel like I need it, and I'm bummed that I'm behind on my Sunshine blog or that I have other computer projects to finish. It might be time for another trip to the mountains so I can disconnect myself from the lovely distractions I like to call media. Have you ever felt that way?

What are YOU grateful for?

No comments: