Sunday, August 21, 2011

Scriptures

I'm grateful for the scriptures. I taught a lesson in young women's today about the importance of scripture study. Ironically, I hadn't been reading on my own all week so this lesson was definitely more for me than the girls. :) Some weeks, I'm on a roll with my power hour and study the scriptures in the morning along with prayer, mediation, and working out. Other weeks, I need a gentle reminder. After this lesson, I feel inspired to truly bring the scriptures back into my life on personal level. We study the illustrated Book of Mormon with the children every morning, which we all enjoy. (The kids REALLY get into the parts about the good guys and bad guys.) But there's something special about studying the word of God on my own and trying to find life's answers for myself.
Do you remember this Mormonad? It was one of my favorites growing up in the 80's.

What are YOU grateful for?

1 comment:

maher fam said...

Catherine, I love your blog! I've seen it on facebook here & there, but I finally took a minute to come see. Such an inspiration! I remember that 80s Mormonad, loved it! And I love the new one on text messaging! I also teach at church (sunday school) and am constantly reminded that I need to read my scriptures more, & I feel the lessons are more for me than the class.

I am grateful for YOU & your optimism & example and for the gospel! Love ya cute girl!! --MaryAnn Maher