Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Power Hour

I'm grateful to engage in my daily Power Hour each morning with prayer, meditation, exercise, and scripture study. It just starts my day off right, and I have more energy and joy the rest of the day! This morning, I woke up at 5:45 am, knelt to pray, and then jumped up to head to my BodyPump Strength Training class like I do every Wednesday. Afterwards, I dropped by Smith's to buy fresh fruit and veggies, and returned home just in time to make homemade oatmeal for my family at 8am, read scriptures together, and then sneak away to my room for my own personal scripture study time. It felt awesome to accomplish so much and really take care of myself spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically so then I have more strength and energy to take care of my family effectively the rest of the day. My friend and mentor, Nathalie Bowman, challenged me to have Power Hour every morning for 2 weeks straight. I'm supposed to think of a reward for myself if I'm solid with that goal. Any ideas? I could use your input, friends!

What are YOU grateful for?

2 comments:

Holly McCafferty said...

I love giving myself a night out with a girlfriend as a reward. I NEVER do that, so it's really a good incentive for me.

Nathalie said...

Wooo Hoooo!!! Good Job, Catherine! Day 1 power hour down perfectly. Thanks for making me accountable as well. :) I'm so excited for the results you're going to be having!