Sunday, August 28, 2011

When Wade goes out of town

I'm grateful when Wade goes out of town once in a while. He was at a work retreat up in the mountains for 3 days and returned home just in time to meet me at last night's fundraiser. When he's gone, it makes me appreciate him more and all he does for our family. It also motivates me to tackle my TO DO list. The house has been out of order lately since we had packed several boxes and taken down pictures from the wall in preparation to move in July. When we decided to just stay put for a few more months, we felt unsettled, trying to figure out whether to continue packing or unpack and feel at home again. What a mess the house has been! So while Wade was gone, I spent hours dejunking, organizing, and cleaning to surprise him. I hadn't accomplished that much in a long time. It felt good. I told him he needs to go out of town at least twice a year so I can get more big projects done. haha

What are YOU grateful for?

No comments: