Friday, July 1, 2011

Curveballs in Life

LinkI'm grateful for the curveballs in life. You thought I was going to say that I'm grateful for baseball, didn't you? Nope! True, it's America's favorite game, and Summertime and Baseball go together like a ball and a glove, but I'm going deeper than that for a moment.

Remember this post? Well, one curveball after another, and guess what? We're not moving afterall....at least not right away. We had found a perfect little home and everything felt just right, but after 2 months and some very frustrating situations, we decided to peacefully walk away, cancel our contract, and be grateful for the home we have right here. I know many of you have been there and you know the feeling, the ups and downs that can accompany the selling, buying, moving process. Wow, I did not expect this much stress! We have an agent who's going to continue to work to sell the home we're in, and next time, we'll be smart and hire an agent to assist us in buying a new home so that will be a HUGE relief. This whole ordeal truly does make me grateful for the beautiful home we've been blessed with. Our neighbors and ward family are all happy we're staying for a few more months. And although it was bittersweet at first to walk away from our dream home, I know there's something better out there, and it will be better timing, that's for sure. I feel those curveballs in life are meant to humble me and help me turn to God in gratitude for all I do have.

What are YOU grateful for?

2 comments:

The Colvins said...

I must agree. When something doesn't turn out the way we hoped or planned it means that something better is waiting for us.

Anonymous said...

It's so true! Detours are often blessings!