Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 104 - my 5th grade class

I'm grateful for my 5th grade class. Some of the coolest people I know were in my class that year. Thanks to Mr. Mitchell for cursing us with the number 104, I think of them EVERY time I see that number! :) I will never forget that year between Word Market, the famous and very colorful World History Timeline along the top of the classroom, reading the Encyclopedia Brown series and James and the Giant Peach with Sarah Mathis, my reading partner, discovering Bridge to Terabithia, which is still my all time favorite children's book, the Science Fair, the Christmas play, the Barney play, playing Four Square and flag football at recess, meeting my best friend, Katie Nicholls and the countless games of LIFE we played together. Wow, good times indeed. Oh, and please don't forget the puffy bangs. They were hot. haha What do you remember about 5th grade?

Only 6 more days left to enter the BIG GIVEAWAY!

What are YOU grateful for?

1 comment:

melissad said...

Hey, you don't know me but I subscribe to your blog and this post made me happy. I had Mr. Mitchell for 5th grade too! I think you must have been about 3 years ahead of me in school because I know Sarah Mathis and she is 3 years older. I remember 104, Mitchell being on the Price is Right, the world history timeline rocked and he had us dress up as Vikings at one point. ANYWAY, thanks for the happy memories.

Melissa (Reeder) Dunsmoor