Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Service

I'm grateful for service. It brings me joy to serve and for others to serve me. One of my favorite scriptures is Mosiah 2:17 "...when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God." I believe that. I imagine our Heavenly Father smiling down upon His children when good deeds are done. Saturday, our ward had a Day of Service where we worked all day preparing meals, planting flowers, sanding, painting, etc. It felt amazing to work that hard. However, I don't feel I need a Day of Service set aside to smile at a stranger, take a meal to a new mom or someone battling cancer, to visit a friend in the hospital, to surprise my children by making their beds for them before they get a chance to do it themselves, or to leave a note of gratitude hidden inside my honey's lunch bag. There is so much goodness that can be done and should be done. When we teach our children by example to serve, all the better. It's been my goal for as long as I can remember to make someone smile every day, and I'm working on it. Thanks for making me smile. I love you guys.What are YOU grateful for?

No comments: