Friday, September 23, 2011

Friends from the College Married Ward

I'm grateful for my friends from the old College Married Ward. Once upon a time, in a land far, far away (7 years ago in St. George), I was blessed to serve as the Relief Society President in the College Married Ward. I quickly learned that when you serve someone, you come to love them deeply without judgement. Wade and I developed lasting friendships with some pretty amazing couples. We shared meals, family home evening nights, and group dates with some of the raddest people on Planet Earth. Every couple of years, we've organized a party to get everyone back together. Christmas 3 years ago, we had over 20 couples attend. Two weeks ago when we were in town, we had smaller numbers since so many couples have moved to Timbucktoo, but those who came have a special place in my heart (Wilcox's, Gubler's, Colvin's, and Allen's)! We missed those who couldn't make it. Hopefully we'll get together again because my life is better from knowing all of these friends, and I hope to stay connected to them forever.

What are YOU grateful for?

2 comments:

Brandi said...

THANKS SUNSHINE!!!!! I am sooo glad YOU set up the Parties! We had a GREAT Time. Thanks again!

Cherie Dick said...

We totally missed out! It would be great to catch up with everyone someday. I am so glad you organize these parties Catherine.