Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mother-in-Law, Eileen

I'm grateful for my mother in law, Eileen. Today at the family BBQ, she let me know that she had prepared a few gluten free items just for my daughter. I was so touched! It's been rather difficult to get used to a gluten free diet in our family in order to help my daughter's body heal from eczema. It's been worth it, but it sure can be tricky. We just take it day by day. Have you ever had to deal with an allergy? Just when I think we're doing well at home, we attend a family get together or birthday party where everyone else is enjoying breads, rolls, cakes, and the like, and suddenly, my little girl feels left out. So it meant a lot to us that Eileen was so thoughtful, which is a common trait she possesses. We love you, mom!

What are YOU grateful for?

2 comments:

Kit said...

How wonderful is this blog!!!??? Way to go Catherine! Such a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

Tim and Rachel Seely said...

Catherine, I had no idea your little girl can't have gluten. It gets a ton easier I promise. My little son really struggles with gluten and sugar and as a result has crazy bad eczema. I have a ton to share with you if you are interested. If anything this trial has become a huge blessing in our lives! We try harder to eat more healthy....anyway, let me know if you are interested! Love you!!! Oh yeah, you are someone I am grateful for! You have always been a positive example and even now when we are worlds apart it seems, you continue to be a ray of sunshine!