Monday, July 4, 2011

Freedom

I'm grateful for my freedom and all those who sacrificed to make that possible for me. Having lived for a short time in two other countries, Ecuador on a humanitarian mission and France for a study abroad, my eyes were opened and my heart was humbled by all the blessings we have as U.S. citizens that we often take for granted. As a child, we traveled a lot as a family all over this beautiful country (to 49 states to be exact), which I count as another blessing. One of my favorites places to visit was Gettysburg. I will never forget the sacred nature of Gettysburg, knowing how many died for their God, their country, and for freedom for us all. One thing is certain, on this Independence Day I want to say that I'm proud to be an American!

What are YOU grateful for?

No comments: