Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Simple, Healthy, and Delicious Recipes

I'm grateful for simple, healthy, and delicious recipes, both old and new. I love good food, and I appreciate so much those who bless me with recipes to try so my family and I can enjoy good food. :) This picture is of my Whole Wheat Vegan Pizza and Whole Wheat Hawaiian Pizza, which I make often, and did so tonight, except with gluten free crust for my daughter's sake. Either way, it tastes amazing! Besides our family cookbook my mom put together, I like to try recipes from two dear friends of mine, found here and here. This one is also a favorite. Do you have any you highly recommend?
Whole Wheat Pizza

Put pizza stone in oven and preheat to 500 degrees for ONE HOUR while preparing pizza

1 1/2 T SAF Yeast
3/4 T Sugar
1 1/2 t Salt
6 C Whole Wheat Flour
2 T Vital Wheat Gluten
2 1/4 C Warm Water

In a large electric mixing bowl, blend all ingredients together. Dough will still be quite sticky. Knead for 5-6 minutes. Put dough in bowl covered in olive oil and let rise 20 min. Divide dough into 4 balls to make 4 large pizzas, and roll out one at a time onto parchment paper. Add desired sauces and toppings, use a paddle or another person to help you put the pizza (parchment paper and all) on the stone in the oven. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Enjoy!

My favorite types of pizza:

Vegan: refrigerated basil or pesto sauce, zucchini, asparagus, tomatoes, salt

Hawaiian: pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham, pineapple

BBQ Chicken: BBQ sauce, mozzarella cheese, grilled chicken, onion


Happy cooking! What are YOU grateful for?

No comments: